Re: Finding offending C code line after Oops ?

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 04:38:19PM -0600, Curran, Dominic wrote:
> The Oops is telling me it occurs in func_a() at offset 0xD5.

> GDB matches up code to assembly (I think?) so this must be possible...right

Have you tried gdb's dissass command on your function?

Could you solve your problem by inserting strategic printk commands to
help you understand the state of your code when it faults?

(Guessing .. would objdump -D work better if compiled with gcc -g ?
Perhaps you could try compiling your module with -g and see what
happens... I've never tried this. I don't know if it will compile, load,
or run. But it might be worth a try. :)

And, as a last notice, if you haven't tried reading the assembler, give
it a shot. You might be surprised how much C code you can line up to the
assembly, even if you don't know assembly. :) If you have tried, then
hopefully some of the notes above might help.

Cheers

--
http://www.wirex.com/