Re: Re: Re: Hi

Hi

If i'm not loading it as module , but it is fixed in kernel then which file calls the function register_filesystem , it will be enough no if i chnge the name of fs , in the make file to produce a .o file .

Supose my fs name is "ext2cryptfs" , will make change in make files to make a ext2cryptfs.o file and in super.c i gave proper name in register_filesystem call in function init now ,

here are two cases when it is loaded as module or fixed in kernel as permenent resident , then in later case where i need to chnage , from documents i got that i need to change vfs code but wher are those files

i'm unable to find for last one week ,

plz try to solve my trivial question

with regards
Rajaram

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 Bryan Henderson wrote :

>but when I tried to load it as a module, it gave versioning
>problems and the load failed

Versioning problems are common. It means you didn't use the same kernel
headers to compile the module as were used to compile the base kernel into
which you are trying to insert it.

It can be tricky to get your compile straightened out, and it has nothing
to do with filesystems, so I don't want to go into it on the linux-fsdevel
list (which I am copying just so others on that list can see that there was
a response).

I can tell you this, though, which you can use when you get your module to
load: The ext2 filesystem driver registers itself as a driver for the
"ext2" filesystem type by calling register_filesystem(), which it does in
the source file fs/ext2/super.c, in a function that gets called as the
module loads. If you did not change that file in your copy, your module
will try to register itself as a driver for "ext2" and will fail because
there is already a driver for "ext2". You will need to make up a new
filesystem type name.

R@j@r@m