RE: Configuring Linux PPP server to listen to a TCP Port

--- Lakshmi Shanmugam <lakshmi@nodeinfotech.com> wrote:
> In BSD systems u can give the PPP traffic to a tcp server listening
> on some port
>
> The line in inetd.conf
>  PPP stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/PPP ppp -direct tcp-server

If you do this on the server, how will you tell the client to use a TCP
port for PPP instead of a serial line? Obviously, you need to configure
the client also differently. The server and client also need to agree
on
how to encapsulate the PPP packets. (For example, you don't need to
include framing bits in an encapsulated PPP packet).
 Instead of setting this up in an arbitrary way, you could use the
server
and client that are based on PPTP RFC. (For all I know,  the
'TCP-over-PPP'
feature of BSD's ppp server may be an implementation of this RFC).

-Ravi.