AIO support in 2.5

Hi,

I had a quick look at recent 2.5 kernel Ben Lahaise's
AIO code and I made some tests. These let me think that
AIO pread/pwrite requests in 2.5 are handled synchronously
using usual path (do_generic_file_read, etc).
Even if I know there were many changes in this topic between
2.4 and 2.5, I find 2.5 AIO code very simple...

I'd like to know which AIO support is already in 2.5.
Is there only the AIO core (request submitting, getting
events back, etc) but nothing for real asynchronous
request processing support ?
I know sockets AIO are not ready yet. Maybe kernel
developers don't want to merge file AIO without sockets
AIO ?
Is the full AIO support planned to be merged before 2.6 ?

Thanks

--
Brice Goglin
Ph.D Student