Re: /proc/ksyms and driver functions

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 Seth Arnold wrote :
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:24:24PM -0500, John F Davis wrote:
> I was under the impression that all routines (ie. functions) were shown
in
> /proc/ksyms. However, I have a driver which is in the kernel but
> none of its routines show up in /proc/ksyms. What is the deal?
I think, the driver u r talking about is present in kernel image (ie it is not a
module). if this is the case /proc/ksyms or "ksyms" command won't show
the functions in driver.
if u want to list those functions then 1) u need to export
(EXPORT_SYMBOL) them. 2) make that driver as a module so that all the
symbols from the driver will be visible. Here u have to make sure that the
driver is not using the register_symtab() to register few or NO symbols.
this is so bcoz register_symtab() overwrites exporting of all symbols from
a module.

This is the difference between exported and non-exported symbols.

EXPORT_SYMBOL() and EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() are the macros you
are looking
for.
Is there any way to know non-exported symbols?

Regards,
Nitin