Re: Kernel 2.5.59

Le mar 28/01/2003 à 13:05, dballester@kernpharma.com a écrit :
> Hello:
>      I've downloaded 2.5.59 kernel to test it ( for fun ). I'm having a
> strange problem. After compile the kernel ( bzImage, modules and
> modules_install) I'had put a new entry in my /boot/grub/grub.conf. All Ok.
> When the machine starts I can select between both kernels, but if I select
> the 2.5.59 entry, after the 'Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel'
> the startup stops here. No more messages, no any evident signal of KO, only
> the booting kernel message.

I had the same problem after my first try at 2.5.x
extra symptoms... lot of disk activity after taht stage
If I wait the normal boot time and try to ssh, the machine answers
correctly

the answer : you forgot console drivers->VGA text console and the new
kernel doesn't use the video card at all (but works ok except for that)

hope this helps
--
A+
Jeremy