page references

Hello,

We are trying to log the access patterns of shared memory pages. We have a daemon for logging these access patterns . Whenever this daemon awakens, it checks if the pages under consideration are referenced or not. Accordingly, the daemon increments counts.

We plan to use the PageReferenced flag. When is this flag set and reset.
Is there any other way we can find out whether the page is being referenced ??

MAASK

Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/