Re: size of page table

the answer is 8mb, may be that is a one level page table.
the page size is 4kb (=4k * 1/8 = 1/2kB)
32 bits of virtual address divided as 23+9,
 first 23 bits give the page number,
the 9 bits give the index in a page. the page table have to
 accomdate (2 pow 23) entries so the page table size is 8 mb.

i think this question ha nothing to do with the linux.
any comments?

with regards,
kiran
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Rupa wrote:

> Actually this was the question asked in some exam. I do no how to calculate
> size of page table. They had given 4 answers...
> i)16mb ii)8mb
> iii)2mb iv) 24mb
>
> You have any idea?
>
> Regards,