Re: How to get GRUB back by using grub-install

commence  Hong Hsu quotation:

> it mounts system to /mnt/sysimage, then change directory
> sh-2.05a#cd /mnt/sysimage
> sh-2.05a#grub-install   /dev/hda
>
> Got error message: /sbin/grub Not Found
>
> but grub is there!  Then I copy grub into /sbin and run grub-install
> again. Got another error message:
> /usr/share/grub/i386-redhat/stage1: Not found
>
> Does anyone have had successful experience on grub-install with XP and
> kernel 2.4.18-3?   It seems the grub-install has a bug.

You might like to try booting the CD and doing "linux root=/dev/hda1"
(or whatever your root FS is), because it looks like GRUB expects to
be run on an functioning system.  Whether this will actually get you
booted or not I cannot say, because I am not familiar with recent Red
Hat releases nor your own installation.

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;