Problem

Hello.
I've a question.
I use Linux RedHat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18-3 and I install a second kernel, the
version 2.4.19.
I compile the new kernel with no problem but startx won't run, so I install
new driver of nVidia (tar.gz) and now all seems OK but any time I use startx,
the system crash, I must reset my PC with hardware reset (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace,
Ctrl-Esc, ... doesn't respond). I note that sometimes in console mode, before
run startx, appear the error "spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7".
What can I do to run my new kernel without problem?
(Note that when I star my PC, all information that I can read are all right
and the problem is't in nVidia driver because I install it with success in
kernel 2.4.18-3)

Help!!!
Thank you.
Bye, Nicola.