exporting symbol + COMFIG_MODVERSION

Hi all,

question is relatd to exporting symbol from kernel. I am
using kernel version 2.4.14 (IA32 arch)  compiled with CONFIG_MODVERSION
on . i tried to export two kernel function namely ( drivers/pci/proc.c )

 pci_proc_attach_device
 pci_proc_detach_device

and followed all necessary steps as , adding object file name
in export-obj in Makefile and includeing module.h and modsetver.h in
source file but after compilation kernel is giveing exported symbols as

 pci_proc_attach_device_R__ver_pci_proc_attach_device
 pci_proc_detach_device_R__ver_pci_proc_detach_device

when I am compiling kernel without CONFIG_MODVERSION i am getting
correct symbol but without any version information.

is there any way to get correct symbols with CONFIG_MODVERSION ON.
Any pointers...

Thanks in Advance

regards
Rahul Sahgal