Re: signals in kernel modules

Hi Gokul,

There's a chapter in "Understanding The Linux Kernel" that talks about signal.
Just a simple example:

sig_send(SIG_xxx, process, 0);

You have to decide how best to find out which process you want to send the signal to.

Btw, I added signal sending into the netif_carrier_on, so that I can receive a signal whenever the computer reattaches to the network.
Is there any other way where I can monitor the bits for the link on without the ugly hack or constant polling using netif_carrier_ok?

thanks in advance!

GOKUL krishna wrote:

hai,
i wish to send a signal from a kernel module to an user process.however i am not able to find any info about it anywhere.can u tell me about it or point me to some info sources about it
thanks bye
gokul
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/