Re: pthread_create creating 2 threads on first call

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:20:04PM -0800, Nguyen, NguyenX D wrote:
> That was helpful, thanks Jan for the effort!

For nothiing. I was looking at what efficiency to expect from various
primitives in pthread and noticed this.

> By the way, where did you find the code?

I downloaded it from debian. I have apt-get set up to download sources,
but you can go to the debian archive and just download the .orig.tar.gz.
It's part of glibc package and the archive is something like
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/

> I use the find (with pthread_create) command
> starting from root, but nothing was found.

Find looks only for file names. You need to grep for the function name.
Personaly I use ctags. It's a program (there are two flavors - etags
(from emacs) and ctags-exuberant (I think it originates from vim, but
I'm not sure)), that generates index of symbols defined in collection of
sources (or headers with some extra options). Vim and emacs can read
this index and jump to apropriate definitions.

But even than, that will only find you headers, unless you have glibc
sources stored somewhere (and I doubt that since it's quite big).

						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb@ucw.cz>