Re: How does OS recognise a driver for a device.

Hi,
  I asked the same question previously, and Mr. Ed Vance gave a simple
explaination which basically illustrates what happened there.

PCI devices have unique numbers for identification, so the PCI subsystem
can      match devices to drivers by asking the drivers if a detected
device's class       and ID numbers are known to them. This applies to
modules as well as drivers      built into the kernel. It's really a bit
more complicated than that, but          that's the basic idea. Drivers
identify their own devices when asked.

Hope it is helpful.

Good luck,