Re: Learning c

* David Wilson (dave@dcdata.co.za) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Thank you all for your responses and guidance.
>
> > Yes. Think of Kernighan and Ritchie as Obi-Wan and Yoda :-)
> > Note: Kernighan (h after the g).
> :)
>
> Many thanks and kind regards.

David,

Allow me to remind you that while reading the books recommended by the
people here is important, it is also _very_ important (I'd say crucial)
to actually write C _code_. While learning a programming language you
will often note that even if you understand the concepts from reading
the book it will enlighten you way more if actually try and write code
for that same concept. Try to motivate yourself to write small projects
using C code, don't just rely on the book examples.

Bottom line is, reading books is no substitute to writing code.

Regards and happy C hacking 8)

		Paulo
--
   I liked things better when I didn't understand them.
		  -- Calvin