Re: How to export symbols?

I think you're doing everything properly from the code point of view.
What you might have is a config issue.  Make sure your code is getting
linked into the kernel.  Check as the compile progresses and make sure
your code is being compiled and linked into the kernel.

There might be some config dependency which is causing your code to be
excluded from the link.  I would check that - I've been bit by this
before.

Nat

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 14:25, Liberty Young wrote:
> I've written some code that i placed in arch/i386/kernel , and I've
> editing the Makefile there, adding
> export-objs += mydriver.o
> obj-y += mydriver.o
>

> I thought simply by adding the driver to export-objs and adding
> EXPORT_SYMBOL( foo );
>
> that foo would then be available other drivers, both loadable and
> static. Yet a 'grep foo /proc/ksyms' shows nothing, and my kernel module
> fails to load as it can't find symbol foo.
>
> What am i missing? Is there an include file I need to put in?
>
> --
Nat Ersoz <nat.ersoz@myrio.com>
Myrio Corporation