Hyperthreading continued

Hi,

   I was following the hyperthreading discussion. I
tried a program (cpu intensive) under HT and with HT
disabled.System has dual processor.

This is my test setup.

  I ran 2 instances of my programA (DP machine) with
HT enbaled and compared it with 2 instances of teh
same programA on (DP) wit HT disabled.

It looks like the program runs little bit slower with
HT enabled.

Now I wrote a programB which will fork and will run 2
instances of my earlier programA. So I have now 2
instances of programB running.

This gave me 17% improvement with HT enabled.

This results shows HT improves performance if we have
4 tasks on DP system and performance is hit if we use
2 tasks on a DP system.

I did use kernel 2.4.9

I wrote this to make sure my assumptions are correct
and I'm getting performance as expected.Correct me if
I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance