Re: kmod & initrd

Hi, Ravi!

/Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:12:55 -0700 (PDT)/ you wrote:

R>  The shell that goes on initrd is nash (this is on RedHat systems,
R> I don't know about others). modprobe is a symblic link to nash.
R> The man page of nash states that if it is invoked as 'modprobe' it
R> will just return success.  So this can't be your problem. Not sure
R> what else can cause the message.

System, which I use is not RedHat and modprobe is a symlink to the
insmod, as usually. I don't understand, isn't it not needed for anybody to
load modules automatically under initrd ? Isn't is so rarely task ?! I
posted my message 2 days ago and have only one (your) answer !

I looked into kmod sources and it seems that it's impossible to load
modules through kmod under initrd because of switching fs context to
init fs context before exec modprobe. Is it right ? If no how it is
possible to do it ?

--
Best regards,
Ed V. Bartosh