Re: GUI script for checking latest kernel releases

Hi,
   I had mailed a few days back with my Tcl/Tk script
to check for latest kernel releases. I have modified
the script to use HTTP by default rather than finger.
I have attached the tarball for your consideration. I
would like to request you to make it available to
other visitors of kernelnewbies.org.

Thanks,
Ashok
--- N N Ashok <nnashok@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am a Linux user for the past 5 years. I am now
> doing a project related to Kernel programming and
> visited your website and saw the section on scripts.
> would like to offer my Tcl/Tk script for checking
> the
> latest kernel releases. It has a simple GUI and just
> includes a Tcl/Tk file along with the GNU GPL. I
> have
> attached the tarball for your consideration. I
> noticed
> that there is another script which does a similar
> job
> but does not produce any visible output for the user
> nor has a front-end My script would be a big
> improvement over the existing script.
>
> Thanks,
> Ashok N N

> http://faith.yahoo.com