PCI card on a host having its own processor

Hi,
I have a scenario where a PCI card on a host itself has a processor
i.e.local CPU(IBM 440GP). The host when powered on tries to scan the
PCI bus for devices. To be read by the Host CPU, the local cpu shpould
set the PCI configuration registers (device id , vendor id etc.).
There is provision where the local CPU can tell the host CPU to retry
the configuration by strapping the PHCE bitl low.
I would like to know the time the host bios waits OR retries (count)
for the "Host configuration Enable" bit to be set high by the local
CPU?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anj