Shared memory.. tmpfs

Hi,

    We are a group working on distributed shared memory. We are at the start
phase and so we do not know much of linux yet!!!
    We executed a very simple shared memory program using shmget() and we
are not able to find out where exactly the shared memory has got
allocated..The mount point directory for tmpfs is empty. Also the system
usage of tmpfs is '100% free'.
    We rechecked the mounting of tmpfs and it seems okay!!
    Can anybody enlighten us about shared memory allocation in linux and
usage of tmpfs??

MAASK
( MAya, Anu, Asmita, Snehal, Krushna)