Re: iptables module

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 08:04:29PM -0500, Min Li wrote:
> Hi, I have to write a new iptables module. It's my first time of writing a
> kernel module. Is there any reference for me to take a look? Thanks a lot.

Min, there are many good sources to learn from; iptables/netfilter has a
"patch-o-matic" script that supplies more iptables/netfilter modules.
Generic kernel module programming information can be found at
kernelnewbies.org -- be sure to follow the links, there is lots of good
stuff there. :)

As a bit of recommendation, the two O'Reilly books are, in my opinion,
well worth their cost. Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition, is available
for free online, in case you have trouble justifying their cost. :)

movement: I didn't see erikm's autolart module on kernelnewbies.org; I
think it makes wonderful "scaffolding" code to help writing modules.
(Sort of like a .c with int main (int argc, char *argv[]) {} sitting
around as a piece of boilerplate..) I trashed my only copy of lart.c
beyond recognition, but if Erik doesn't have the source any longer, I
could clean it up for inclusion on the site. :)

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, i know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee, that says, 'Fool me once... shame on ... shame on .. you; but