Help on Investigating Kernel crashes

hi,
    I am using RH Linux 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2-2 on a P-III machine as a CVS
server. Since 128 MB RAM  the system was making the system when server is
used by 3,4 users simultaneously, we decided to upgrade the RAM to 1GB.
We've added the RAM and rebooted the system, which was able to recognize
the RAM and there was a lot of improvement in response time.

However, the kernel started to crash very often. As I was also having
around 600 MB swap I thought 1GB memory limit is the problem. I rebuilt the
kernel with 4GB memory limit. Even this kernel is crashing often. I was
able to grab the Oops from log files but I don't know much about the kernel
debugging to use this output.

Pl. help me in getting answer for my problem: Pl. send me answers to
following if possible
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to set any extra params when I
upgrade RAM? How can I use the Oops to debug the problem?

Thanks,
--
Satya Prasad