Re: How to unload a buggy LKM without rebooting

At 10:01 AM 9/18/2002 +0530, Nagaraj wrote:

>From: "KONG, Gangfeng" <gkong@IPRG.nokia.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am debugging a kernel module. Any error in it is easy to make
> > the module unloadable ( complaining: Device or resource busy).
> > Is there anyway to unload a sick LKM without rebooting?
> >
> > Thanks
> > GF
> >
>When u r developing the module, dont use
>MOD_INC_USE_COUNT and DEC counts.
>
>When ur application crashes, it wont complain about
>module being busy.
>
>Once ur module is entirely tested, u keep these
>in open and closes.
>
>However this is not a solution if ur module itself
>has some bugs and lets say crashes during
>init_module().

Hi,

Unfortunately, my LKM is not a driver, it's extended kernel functions.
Some memory error does happen in init_module(). I have fixed the errors,
but every time has to reboot. I also tried to rename the LKM as john
suggested, also doesn't work. It looks like kmem_cache_xxx functions
keeping error status, can not self recovery.

Thanks
GF