Problems with breakpoints by using KGDB

Hi,

	I 'm using kgdb-2.4.10 patch to compile the linux kernel 2.4.10. After
building the kernel, I copied the System.map and bzImage files to the
Directory /boot in the testing machine. When I rebooted the testing machine
and set a breakpoint in the source file in the developing machine, the
breakpoint does not get hit as expected. But the console in the testing
machine shows that the line setted the breakpoint in the souce file is
executed  correctly.  I print the address of the function sys_close from gdb
in the developing machine  "(gdb) p sys_close", and also print the address of
the same function using the proc filesystem on the test machine: "grep
sys_close /proc/ksyms". I find the two addresses are not same. Someone told
me that vmlinux file being used is incorrect. But  I am sure that the
System.map, bzImage and vmlinux files are builded in the same time.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

regards,

pengbin