Re: module ?

Jan Hudec wrote:

 > On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 04:34:09PM +0200, Edward Gerhold wrote:
 >
 >> Christine Ames wrote:

 >> i really meant /etc/modules.conf :)
 >

 > No, you really ment /etc/modules ;-).

No. I ment /etc/modules.conf - and the manpage belonging to it. :)

 > /etc/modules.conf is a config file for modprobe. But it does not run
 > modprobe. To actually load the module at boot time, you have to call
 > modprobe from some init script. Most distros do this for all modules
 > mentioned in some file, possibly called /etc/modules (that's for Debian,
 > so it may be called different somewhere else).

Aah. I thrust you. I'm having a SuSE Distribution here. I looked.
It has no file like /etc/modules. So i searched for the modprobe.
I found 'modprobe' here started at boot-time in /etc/rc.d/boot .

A Question: if we don't use a script together with modprobe and it's
/etc/modules.conf at boot time - how can we start modules at boot-time  ?
Do you know any other possibilities ?  (writing an own "bootscript" and
using insmod for each module instead of modprobe means the same to me :))

 >                          Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb@ucw.cz>

Edward