Re: .config srpm defaults

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 06:35:59PM -0500, Geffrey VT wrote:
> Hi friends, Im trying to build a RPM of the RH Linux kernel with the
> netfilter patchs, actually I built correctly the patch and modify the
> .spec file to include that, also I modified the files: configs/* that
> are .configs files for differents architectures including the new
> entries, everything is included in the patch, but when I tried to buid
> the RPMs "rpm -ba" it terminated whit this error message:
[...]
>   EUI64 address check (EXPERIMENTAL) (CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_EUI64) [N/m/?]
>     REJECT target support (CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_REJECT) [N/m/?]
> make: *** [oldconfig_nonint] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3271 (%build)

Note that RPM leaves the build script in /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3271 -- so you
can go see what exactly the build script was doing at the time. You can
use rpm -bp to "build-prep" the sources -- unpack and apply patches, so
you can pretend to be /bin/sh and run through the same steps to get to
the same error message.

Once you can reproduce the error message yourself, you can either find
where "make oldconfig" is defined and insert debugging statements until
the error is clear, use strace or ltrace to do your debugging statements
for you, or very closely inspect your new configs/* that might have
subtle syntax errors. (FOO=N isn't correct, #FOO is not set is correct.)
I don't know if the .config file needs to be in the correct order for
make oldconfig or if it can deal with out-of-order answers -- it is
probably pretty easy to get the correct ordering screwed up if you
patched the configs by hand..

Best of luck.

--
http://www.wirex.com/