Use of d_sb in dentry structure

Hi,

     Why do we need   d_sb   in dentry structure, as we can always get he filesystem super block by d_inode->i_sb ?
        As far as I know, we cannot have different super_block objects for a dentry object and its curresponding inode object, as linux does not allow hard links across filesystems.

     Can someone please explain.....

Rgds,
saji

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.