I2C problem

Dear List,

I'm writing an I2C device driver for an MPC860 (version D.3) chip.
This is a motorola PowerPC RISK processor with a lot of integrated
communication modules (ethernet, I2C, etc.). Unfortunatelly when the
ethernet module (SCC1) is used with the I2C module then the processor
has to be loaded by a microcode patch.

I dowloaded from the homepage of Motorola (microcode patch number
MPC860MC04) the microcode patch and I followed all the steps
described there, but when I try to launch the I2C transmission in
loopback mode it hangs up.

I get connected to the TechHelp of motorola, but we have the usual
circles w/o moving forward.

Can anyone help me what should I try? Any idea is waited!

IMHO (of course I'm not 100% sure):
- The patch is uploaded successfully.
- CPM module is reseted after that.
- I2C module registers are set on the relocated I2C PRAM area.
- The Rx and Tx DBs are set properly and the Tx and Rx buffers in the
kernel RAM are allocated well.
... and when I try to launch the I2C transmission (loopback mode) the
kernel hangs. Or is seems to hang. The screen does not change at all.
The output buffer can't be sent to the console (thru serial line).

Can anyone give some help?

TIA && good byte!