Re: Kernel module <-> user communication

Edward Gerhold wrote:

  > edward wrote:
  > [...]

steve,

i wasn't looking at something seeming really important, you've found it.
i saw, while reading myself again, i forgot register_, unregister_netdev().
but rub 'n corb say, we have three classes of drivers. chr,blk,net.
Plus a fourth class - the remaining. I read later, you 've found the funcs.

meanwhile, my eyes also fell on these:

init_netdev(),    drivers/net/net_init.c
init_etherdev(),  drivers/net/net_init.c
ether_setup()     drivers/net/net_init.c
                    # i think the filename net_init
                    # means net_init (in certain cases) :-))

and i forgot about "qdisc".

i'm sorry for putting no filenames where to find structs and ops in into the body
of my reply. I also showed up no flags. Seems like you have to read a little for.

the main files of the network architecture basics of my last mail are:
net/core/dev.c
drivers/net/isa_skeleton.c
plus the standard kernel beginner libraries on top ;-)

Edward