doubt regarding header compression

respected all,
                          I am implementing the header compression
technique in Linux Kernel Level as per RFC 2508 (compressed RTP).
I am shortly explaining that. I believe its not necessary to mention..
When there is existing connection between a transmitter & a receiver , when
the receiver will receive the full packet with all headers ( IP?UDP?RTP),
it will store all the elements of all the header in a database & when next
packet onwards it will receive the compressed header , it will regenerate
the full header by taking elements from the same stored data base, the
variable parameters will be updated as per linear incremention by taking
the constant difference between two packets..

my doubt is
1) if the very 1st packet will be lost itself on the way, then how the
receiver will reproduce the full header packet ?????

2)Is there any technique that the receiver will come to know whether the
received packet is a compressed packet or uncompressed packet..

please crarify my doubts..waiting for all your quick responses so that I
can implement accordingly.It will help me a lot.

regards
debarchan dash
L&T Infotech Limited..........building relationship globally
India