scheduler locking

Hi,

I have a requirement to lock the Linux scheduler; what I mean by
this is that when I enter the kernel mode in context of a
particular process, no other task (other than the idle task)
should be running.

These are the various ways we have come up with:
(i) Moving all tasks in the running queue to interruptile queue
other than current and idle task. This way schedule() can never
get to run any other task.
(ii) Changing schedule so that it does a while(1) as long as the
current task is not in the run queue. Once the current task is
runnable return immediately.

Will the above ways work? Or there are better ways? One suggestion
I got was to use the goodness flag but I am not exactly sure.

Thanks
Raghav