Re: Cannot select rtl8139 in make xconfig

> I found that when I call make xconfig, there is a number of options
> that I cannot check. One of them unfortunately is rtl8139, my RealTek
> network card. It is in the list, but completely grayed out.
>
> I am not sure if this is due to any dependencies, but I wonder which
> additional dependencies there should be for this PCI Ethernet card
> versus any other that I am able to choose.

 The configuration menu is built using the 'config.in' (or Config.in)
files in various directories. Looking through these files will tell
you how to resolve a particular dependency. In your case, you should
check the file drivers/net/Config.in.  You probably need the
'CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL' option (under 'code maturity level') if the
driver is still beta.

HTH
Ravi.