Re: doubt

thank you for your information..I have implemented exactly the same but in
the receiver side it is not received..so can u please tell me the flow at
transmitter side just at ethernet layer...

I am giving here the functional flow after that can you please tell me....
ip_build_xmit( ) --> output_maybe_reroute( )--> ip_finish_output2( )-->
dev_queue_xmit( ) --> qdisc_run( )--> qdisc_restart --> [
dev->hard_start_xmit( )]

after this above function pointer I am not able to proceed further as it is
in ethernet layer..can you please add the flow to it up to the receiveing
side IP layer...????

waiting for youe response..

regards
debarchan dash
L&T Infotech
building relationship globally

                    Amit Kucheria
                    <amitk@ittc.ku       To:     Debarchan.Dash@lntinfotech.com
                    .edu>                cc:     Kernel newbies
                                          <kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org>
                    07/18/2002           Subject:     Re: doubt
                    02:26 PM

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 Debarchan.Dash@lntinfotech.com wrote:

> 1) If I am sending a compressed packet from transmitting end then how
> the receiving side will come to know that it is a ful packet or
> compressed packet???

I assume that you have a way to get packets from IP layer, i.e. you have
a driver which removes all headers and replaces them with a compressed
RTP header.

You could define a new packet type in if_ether.h and using
dev_add_pack(), define a cRTP_rcv() function for this packet type.

In the rcv() function you could replace the compressed header with the
normal headers again.

> 2) As defined in the header file ifether.h so many ethernet packet
> types , if I use my own definition for full RTP packet & compressed
> RTP packet, will it work...???

Yes. it will work.

> I have written the compression code at transmitter as well as at
> receiver..but the problem is ion ethernet layer the packet type what I
> am setting is not reflected at the receiver.. How can I transmit the
> packet type on ethernet layer??

change the skb->protocol and eth_proto fields to the new packet type
you have defined.

HTH.

ciao,
Amit
--
I'm an angel!!! Honest!
The horns are just there to hold the halo up straight.