ld-linux.so.2

hi,
untill now i was thinking ld-linux.so.2 is a
interpreter(linker) which is required at runtime when
any command like "ls" is executed on command line.
then this linker will search for various libraries and
prepares the executable for running(execution)

but /lib/ld-linux.so.2 can be executed at the command
line with any executable as the argument. like
[root@kahan]# /lib/ld-linux.so.2  /bin/ls

will show all the list of files in the CWD.so I want
to know whats happening behind this. genarally when we
run  command only 'ls' at command line first the
binary for 'ls' is loaded and then interpreter(linker)
is loaded which then dynamically loads libraries.

but what will happen when we run as shown above.
also i will be happy if anybody can tell me any URL
where i can see how this ld-linux.so works. i tried
all man pages, but not satisfied.

Thank you very for all your previous help,

KR

=====

"Conquering Myselves to Conquer The World"

"Securing Kernel to Secure Whole System"