Re: using doubles in the kernel

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 13:35:26 +0100 (BST)
Lars Olsson <lo22@cogs.susx.ac.uk> wrote:

LO> What I am doing is an intrusion detection system (I'm doing research
LO> into artificial immune systems) and for each system call I train/use
LO> this network (Elman network) to learn how programs normally behave (I
LO> have also used another algorithm only using integers with good
LO> results).

	So we're talking about a computing-heavy program.

	As said by Seth it doesn't need to be in the kernel to improve speed.

	As far as scheduling is concerned, you can do a sched_setscheduler and
use your IDS as a realtime process (FIFO or RR).

	The system overflow you talked about seems to be regarding a user-land
program (not the kernel structures), so your IDS could do this "reacting" thing
from user-land as well.

	I don't think your program needs to be in kernel at all.

Felipe