Re: PCI Driver

Are u writing a user level driver or a kernel level driver?

To have an access to the actual devices, you always need a
kernel agent, otherwise you would be violating the
protection law on the i386 architecture.

You can use PCI function calls being in kernel only.

To understand data interaction between kernel & user space
explore copy_to_user() and copy_from_user()

Thanks,
Sumit