Re: linux debugger

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Gaurav Sehgal wrote:

>    Is there any good linux debugger which does not require the kernel to be
> booted from another machine. I just have one PC and wanted to debug the
> kernel.

Depends on the part of kernel you wish to debug. If it doesn't have much
common with some specific hardware driver, but you want to play for
example with filesystems, memory management, or whatever, you should have
look at
http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/
which is very useful project for kernel debugging.

--
JiKos.