Re: Is "kernel functions manpage conversion" project still needed?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 10:39:02AM -0700, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:

> The last item on http://kernelnewbies.org/projects/ is
>
>   * There are some old manpages for kernel functions at
>     http://www.muppetlabs.com/linux/man9/. Convert these to inline docs
>     and send a patch (check the manpages version of the output too :)
>
>   (Last modified 2002/02/22)
>
> Is this project still necessary? (Accessing the specified link produces
> an amusing 404 message.)

In that there are still docs in those manpages that need updating and
made into source comments, then yes. I believe conectiva ship with some
version of these manpages - I could be wrong though.

Of course those manpages are out of date anyway. But in general there's
still a lot of the API that would benefit from sourcedocs

regards
john

--
"If a thing is not diminished by being shared, it is not rightly owned if
 it is only owned & not shared."