VM reference trace

Hi,

I would like to generate a reference trace, i.e. a sequence of the virtual
memory addresses that are accessed by a workload.
The workload may contain multiple processes in both user and kernel space.

The purpose to generate the trace is to get the number of distinct pages
referenced by the workload. I know traces could be extremely large, so if
there's any other ways to get the number directly, that would be great.

In fact, I have found library to do that, but it can only trace single
process in userland. And I have to modify source of the program which
I want to trace. That's a bit tedious.
So, I want to ask if there are any better utilities available in linux?

Any suggestions are welcome! ;)

Thanks!

--
regards,