kernel module to operate operate on task_structs

hi guys,

I am writing a kernel module where I am trying to
access the task_structs. Now I have tried this using
various mathods.
    1) Using the pidhash array.
       Here when I do a insmod I get a unresolved
symbol. I have included sched.h and also done an
extern on struct task_struct pidhash[PIDHASH_SZ] as it
is declared in fork.c

    2) Directly accessing the location of pidhash as
seen in System.map.
       Here when the pidhash_fn hashes the supplied
pid, the particular location into which it indexes is
NULL. I obtain the pid of the process after a "ps
-aux"
   3) Starting from the init_task.
      Here the next task after the init task is found
to be NULL.

   Could some one help me in this matter.

   -vangough.