Calling functions within interrupt handler

Hi,
	I`m modifying a network device driver. It handles recieved packets by generating interrupts and there is an interrupt handler procedure within the driver. I need to call my own function within this interrupt handler. Just calling the function does not seem to work. Declaring my function inline does not help as the compiler seems to find it too large to insert as inline. using a compiler option to force expansion of inline functions is not allowed with the other compilation options used for compilation of the driver. I need to be able to call my function wihtin the interrupt handling routine.
Thanx in advance,
~Rahul