Re: lookup_dentry

On Monday 29 April 2002 08:55 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Sridhar N wrote:
> > 	I'm using kernel 2.4.18.  I'm searching for a function ( or a group of
> > functions" to return the inode number given a path name.  Someone
> > suggested that i see fs/namei.c. But the comments say, it's work is  done
> > in a function "lookup_dentry". But i can't seem to find out where it is.
> > I even grepped the entire source code, and though it is called a few
> > times, there is no definition of such a function.  Please help, this is
> > highly confusing
>
> Use path_init() & path_walk()

Oh, how do i use these. In particular, what should the nameidata structure
contain ? Whatever i do, the path_walk gives me a segmentation fault. Am I
supposed to initialize this structure to something ? the function
link_path_walk suggests so, but since i don't know what to initialize it to,
i'm not initializing it to anything.
	What am i supposed to do here ?

regards
sridhar
--
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to
be doing