Re: Undelete for linux

Lab. Sist. Operativos 2 wrote:
 > Hi, I need to know howto make a undelete for linux,
There were some articles in Dr. Dobbs Journal that covered this, try
www.ddj.com

 > For the moment I know that the i_flag of the struct has 7 bits, and the
 > first bit has 1 if is active or 0 if is deleted.
 >

 > My question is howto in linux can i touch the inodes?
This is not clear what you want to do, to modify live inodes use the
ext2\3 debugger, debugfs which comes in the package e2fsprogs.

Incase you want to do it programmatically get the e2fsprogs source code,
and learn from it
http://sourceforge.net/projects/e2fsprogs/

Amit

ps - Please disable the html format for mailing list postings.