RE: sys_init_module()

=> ok buying your arguement that null_pointers can have
=> any value other than 0x000000.
=>
=> firstly where does a null_pointer gets its value
=> from.. I mean a NULL has to be defined somewhere
=>
=> ref: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/q5.4.html

I read it and it cleared some of my doubts, thanks for the link. But still , I
have one thing more to bug you guys (sorry, if I am actually bugging you). see
below.

=> 	long start=(unsigned long)&((struct mystruct
=> *)0L)->num;
=>
=> here we have the definitions for the NULL pointer
=> being used. Hence, the outputs of printf should change
=> based on what NULL is defined (if your arguement

sorry, i would say it as "based on what null-pointer is defined"  (and not
NULL). To be more specific "how null is internally stored or represented".

=> that the convertion to null_pointer does not happen.

If this is what you are trying to prove then I would say that you are confusing
between NULL and null-pointer (infact between NULL and the internal
representation of the null-pointer) becoz zero, if used anywhere in the pointer
context gets internally converted to the null-pointer. And I still assume that
this is a pointer context.

regards
-neeraj