Re: Preserving Memory Area Across Reboot

windows has  hibernation mode ! Is there anyone who knows about how it works ?
I think it uses the bios apm ! (this might be a guess but windows boots up
much faster when coming out of hibernation )
do we have anything like that in Linux ?? i have not heard of it ?

rpm