From: "bharani" <bharanis@future.futsoft.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:48 pm
Subject: Base addr & Irq of PCI devices

> Hi all,
>
> I have a doubt on PCI driver initialisation.
>
> 1.How is the base address allocated for a PCI device
>  and what is its range? Is it similar to ISA devices
>  where we specify the base addr ranges and irq to be
>  assigned.
>
> 2. Does PCI has its own range of base addresses or is it
>   equivalent to ISA buses?
>
> 3. Which part of PCI code handles the base addr and irq
>   registration ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bharani.

***
> This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
> and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
> is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
> information
> and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than
> for
> what it is intended.
>
> If you have received this message in error, please notify the
> originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
> you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
> copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
> FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
> the use of the information transmitted by this email including
> damage from virus.

***
> --

begin:vcard
n:Agarwal;Sumit
fn:Sumit Agarwal
tel;cell:+919845205210
tel;fax:+91-80-5732696
tel;home:+919845205210
tel;work:+91-805732296 / 93 extn. 5243
url:www.wipro.com
org:Wipro Technologies;SIDC, Embedded and Internet Division
adr:;;Wipro Technologies, Chamundi Complex, No.26, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli;Bangalore;Karnataka;560068;INDIA
version:2.1
email;internet:sumit.agarwal@wipro.com
title:Senior Software Engineer
end:vcard

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.