VFS Question

I'm attempting to design a file system which in reality is just a filter on
top of ext2 or whatever is below it.  It is somewhat similar to when you use
the loop device to mount a DOS or CD file system which encapulated within a
normal file.

So I've go it so that I can use the loop device to be the block device to the
file.  So my question is, what is the proper APIs to use to read the data out
of the file ??  The sb_read(), bread(), brelse() APIs ??  (The block cache
APIs)

Thanks.

Charlie Johnson
cjnaj1@attbi.com