RE: Base Address's, etc...

> Dan Erickson wrote:
> >     Ah ok, thx for clearing that up for me, at least addition of
> > addresses worked the way I thought. What I am also confused about
> > is HOW this works.
>
> [...]
>
> > Now... how does the computer store a "value" in this address space?
>
> Dan,
>
> I don't understand your HOW question. Would you please write some
guesses
> about what you suspect the answer to your question might be, or just a
> couple examples of the kind of phrase it would be? It would help to
define
> the kind of answer you are looking for.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Vance

        Hey Ed, thx for replying.

        What I meant is that a variable is a place in memory and "THAT"
place in memory needs to be able to hold a value. How does the computer
accomplish this?

ie)

int x;
x = 5;

        X is just a place in memory that we have named x for human
readability purposes. Now x (the place in memory we have named x) holds
the value five. How does it accomplish this??

-Dan Erickson-
-coldoneknight@rogers.com-