Re: PCIRWDT

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Dan Erickson wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody has the PCIRWDT card or knows anybody with this
> card. I wish to write drivers for it but need to find somebody with the
> hardware first. Or... if you know of any watchdog's that need drivers
> written for them, etc....

I noticed that you've been trying to find vict^W test users for drivers
you want to write. May i suggest looking at the hardware you currently
have in one of your machines and checking out the drivers which support
that hardware. Then try and get access to datasheets/programming
information on said hardware and if any features are not implemented, do
it ;) You can also check for specification/implementation differences and
try and find out why the implementation was done in that way (normally
quirky hardware). Possible candidates are (in no particular order of
difficulty) your sound cards, network cards, video cards, ata controllers,
USB devices and the other bits and pieces you might have in your computer.
I'm pretty sure you'll come across a couple of bugs and possible features
which you'll want to fix/add.

Good luck,
	Zwane

--